HEWI Mag / references
Gisela schools, Passau
The former convent building now houses a grammar school and a secondary school. Since 2012, the listed building has been undergoing fundamental renovation and technical upgrading.
The Gisela schools are located at the Passau head of the town where the Danube, Ilz and Inn rivers meet. The educational institution was first mentioned in 1836 and the original monastery was founded in 739. The former convent building now houses a grammar school and a secondary school. Since 2012, the listed building has been undergoing fundamental renovation and technical upgrading. Due to the size of the project, the refurbishment was divided into several construction phases, which are to be completed by 2018. In addition, the historical complex was severely damaged by the 2013 flood. Numerous rehabilitation and modernization measures were necessary for the repair.
Despite the extensive restoration and renovation, the external appearance has been preserved. Inside, historical areas have been refurbished and combined with modern elements. The sanitary facilities did not meet the required specifications, so they had to be completely redesigned. Orange tiled walls now set colourful accents in the sanitary room. The stainless steel accessories are particularly easy to clean and robust. The dispenser systems at the washstand and WC also effectively increase hygiene - they make it easy to cleanly remove consumables such as soap or toilet paper.
Reiter & Partner Passau
Diocesan Agricultural Office Passau